Screenshotting is a more versatile way to capture just the part you want. Printscreen is a keyboard shortcut that can take screenshots of the computer display. On dell laptops, taking a screenshot without using the PrintScreen button is pretty straightforward.
How do you take screenshots on a Dell laptop without Print Screen or Windows key?
If you want to take a screenshot on a Dell laptop without using the Print Screen key or Windows key, there are two options: use the Snipping Tool and install a third-party screenshot app. The first option is to use the Snipping Tool and click on the screen edge where you want the screenshot to be taken. Then, drag the mouse to select the screen area you want to capture. After clicking on “Save Image As,” your screenshot will be saved to your computer. The second option is to use a third-party screenshot app such as Screengrab, which can be found in the App Store or Google Play store. After downloading and installing the app, open it and click on “Create New Screenshot.
How To Screenshot On Dell Laptop Without Printscreen Button
If you’re using a Dell laptop, there is a way to screenshot without using the print screen button. You can press the Fn or Function key and then simultaneously press the Windows key and space bar.
How do you take a screenshot on a Dell laptop from a certain area?
To take a screenshot from a certain area on a Dell laptop:
- The first step is to locate the Windows logo key, which is usually above the keyboard on most laptops. If you can’t find it, press the function key and then press the print screen key together (the green key with an ‘X’ in it).
- Once you’ve located the Windows logo key, press and hold it down until a menu appears.
- Select ‘Screen captures.’
- On the next screen, select what you want to capture from your screen by clicking on the options button in the top left corner or by using the arrow keys on your keyboard.
- When you’re done capturing your screenshot, press ESC to cancel out of the window and return to your desktop.